Learn SketchUp the Right Way
An easy to follow SketchUp course that teaches good 3d modeling habits to master from the start.
This beginner SketchUp Pro course is created to have you learning proper techniques from the get-go! Follow along as we build a simple interior living room space and develop the model until a document.
Learn how to start from scratch, create groups and components properly, add materials and textures, include details like trim and baseboards. You will also learn how to organize and work with tags, scenes, styles, shadows, and export your rendering as an image or animation in SketchUp. Lastly, we send the file to LayOut, SketchUp’s paper space tool, where we will add pages, add a title block, labels, and dimensions to our design intent document.
“Learn SketchUp the Right Way” for members has been spread out into 4 courses:
Getting Started, Starting a Model Right, Organizing and Exporting a Model, and Introduction to LayOut
This specific course is for single purchase only.
You can can purchase this if you want access to just this course after your membership expires.
What you’ll learn
- Learn how to create and develop a 3D model of an interior space in SketchUp.
- Learn how to adjust and add furniture, materials and textures to a model in SketchUp
- Learn how to create a rendering and animation in SketchUp
- Learn how to export to LayOut to create a presentation document with dimensions and notes.
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- PC or Mac (both are shown throughout the videos)
- 3-button Scroll Wheel Mouse is preferred over a trackpad.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner getting started in SketchUp.
- Current SketchUp user looking to master better habits.
Learn why faces and edges are the core of creating any type of geometry in SketchUp.