5 weeks of SketchUp training specifically focused for Interior Designers. Learn how to create floor plans, renderings of a space, mood boards, and document it all in LayOut by creating a design document.
SketchUp for Interior Designers: 5 Week Webinar Series
Setup the template and toolbars. Understand the basics and core concepts of SketchUp while drawing a 2D Plan. Learn the core tools to get the most out of SketchUp and to learn proper techniques from the start.
Learn how to transition to a 3d model and organize it using groups, components and tags. Bring in objects from the 3D warehouse.
Learn to develop an interior model by adding custom paint colors as well as materials and textures. Learn how to install extensions to increase modeling efficiency.
Learn how to model from a photograph to produce a quick visual rendering. Learn how to import a CAD file to create an interior model.
Learn how to create a mood board with reference images and a design document with plans and elevations in LayOut.
What’s included in the webinar?
- (5) 2-hour live webinar sessions
- Access to all online tutorial courses for 1 year. ($95 value)
- Direct feedback during sessions
- Calendar invite with meeting id provided
Designers should have:
- a Mac or PC with SketchUp Pro 2021 installed (30-day trial available)
- a Scroll wheel mouse (preferred)
- Watched the Getting Started course
Classes are kept small to maximize the value and quality of our time together online.
Cancellations made at least 48 hours in advance of the class will be honored with a full refund. Students who cancel less than 48 hours prior to the start time of the class will receive a credit towards a future class.
- Download the Zoom app.
- Use headphones. The audio quality is much better for everyone else.
- Use a second screen/display. You can sign into mulitple times. Many users have success streaming my screen onto a tablet or second monitor to keep your primary display available to model in SketchUp. This prevents having to switch back and forth from the screenshare.
- Stuck? You can share your screen and I can also request mouse control to assist.
- Recording Afterwards. Should you need to leave the session early, I will provide a screen recording link to the session.