- Download the Zoom app.
- Use headphones. The audio quality is much better for everyone else.
- Use a second screen/display. You can sign into mulitple times. Many users have success streaming my screen onto a tablet or second monitor to keep your primary display available to model in SketchUp. This prevents having to switch back and forth from the screenshare.
- Stuck? You can share your screen and I can also request mouse control to assist.
- Recording Afterwards. Should you need to leave the session early, I will provide a screen recording link to the session.
SketchUp Tips + Sips
Wednesday’s @ 4PM
Zoom Link Provided
2 in stock
This beginner class shows you the basics and creates a strong foundation to build upon. Learn the essentials of navigating SketchUp and the terminology of the program.
- Introduction: Welcome Screen, Templates, Toolbars
- Drawing in 2D: Line, Rectangle, Circle, Polygon, Arc, Freehand
- Lines & Inferencing
- Massing a Model: Learn how to inferencing works in 3D as well as use the Follow-me tool to create complex roof pitches.
- Measuring & Precision: Learn the essentials of drawing in your default units, using the Offset and Push/pull tools.
- Guide me: Learn how to use guides to create window and door openings quickly.
- Groups and Section: Learn why we create groups in the model and how to select objects and geometry.
- Move, Rotate, Copy: Simple exercises that showcase these powerful tools.