Session 3 (2D-3D Workflow)
This lesson provides the ideal workflow for using SketchUp when importing existing 2D line drawings. Import a 2D CAD file and learn tips and tricks for organizing line-work, creating reference groups, aligning elevations, and constructing 3D models quickly. Also, we’ll show you how to save time with some clever plugins for this workflow. Prior CAD skills is not required for this session.
- Prep in 2D: Save time in SketchUp by only importing what you need.
- Importing .dwg Files: Learn what imports, how its placed and how to make this work to your benefit.
- Layers in SketchUp: Understand how SketchUp controls visibility and geometry.
- Organizing the 2D Model: Learn who to group line work, create layers, and align / rotate 2D elevations in a typical workflow.
- Exterior Modeling: Learn the essential tools and workflow for creating shell/exterior models.
- Interior Modeling: Learn techniques for creating openings, adding walls, and placing components. Learn advanced camera tools to better see inside the model.
- Plugins: Learn how to install plugins and use them to save time in creating typically architectural elements like windows, staircases, louvers, and doorways.
- Exporting: Learn how to export views as images, cad files, and how to send to LayOut to create a presentation.