Morning: 2D to SketchUp Workflow (9am-12pm)
This lesson provides the ideal workflow for using SketchUp when importing existing 2D line drawings. Import a 2D file and learn tips and tricks for organizing line-work, creating reference groups, aligning geometry, and constructing 3D models quickly. Also, you will learn how to save time with some clever plugins for this workflow. Prior CAD skills is not required for this session.
- New Matched Photo: Learn how to model a building for an existing photograph, grab the geolocation and photo-texture the massing model.
- Importing 2D Files: Learn what imports, how its placed and how to make this work to your benefit.
- Layers in SketchUp: Understand how SketchUp controls visibility and geometry.
- Organizing the 2D Model: Learn who to group line work, create layers, and align / rotate 2D elevations in a typical workflow.
- Interior Modeling: Learn techniques for creating openings, adding walls, and placing components. Learn advanced camera tools to better see inside the model.
- Plugins: Learn how to install plugins and use them to save time in creating typically architectural elements like windows, staircases, louvers, and doorways.
- Exporting: Learn how to export views as images, cad files, and how to send to LayOut to create a presentation.
Afternoon: Photorealistic Rendering (1pm – 4pm)
This lesson gives you the tricks and techniques to create photorealistic renderings with SketchUp and a plugin called Podium. Learn how to create reflective materials, lights, and techniques for interior and exterior renderings. This session finishes up by creating a composite rendering and adjusting in Photoshop.
- Why Podium? Learn why I use Podium version other plugins in the market.
- Toolbars: Learn how to navigate the basic tools and interface.
- Interior Techniques: Learn the fundamentals of what makes for a good scene and how to adjust lighting within a room.
- Exterior Techniques: Learn how to adjust style properties and techniques for efficiently modeling with Podium.
- Materials: Learn how to adjust reflection, refraction, bump and blur settings.
- Lighting: Learn how to create spot lights, light
- Podium Browser: Tired of creating materials and lights? Podium Browser offers content with reflections and lighting already built in.
- Rendering: Go through the steps and process while in the rendering engine; this includes best rendering settings and knowing when a rendering is going to be good or bad so you’re not waiting around for it to finish.
- Photoshop Techniques: Learn how to create a composite rendering using techniques in Photoshop to adjust levels, brightness, and contrast. Also learn how to use dodge and burn as well as styles in SketchUp to make your renderings look unique!